4ms VCA Matrix
Playable Grid of VCAs
The VCA Matrix from 4ms is a playable 4x4 matrix of 16 VCAs. Four CV or audio inputs can be routed in any amount/combination to four outputs, using the 16 CV control jacks, Level knobs, and Mute buttons.
• 4 CV/audio inputs and 4 outputs (buffered and dc-coupled)
• Full range (0Hz - 20kHz) for both Control and Signal inputs, allows for AM effects, etc.
• 16 VCA's using high quality SSM chips
• Attenuation/gain range from -100dB (mute) to 0dB (unity). Up to +20dB boost with trimpot adjustment.
• Playable surface with 16 latching Mute LED buttons, used to mute each VCA individually (Mute button disconnects Control jack and Level knob, and fully attenuates the VCA)
• LED button brightness indicates amount of attenuation and Control CV signal
• 16 Control jacks for VCA level control
• 16 Level knobs attenuate the incoming Control signals. The Level knobs act as manual level controls when nothing is plugged into the Control jack
• Exponential VCA response in low control voltage range, pseudo-log response in higher voltage range.
• "Soft Limit" effect limits gain to prevent clipping, while still responding to higher Control voltages with more "punch" and wider pulses
• Matrix Expandability: VCA Matrices can be connected to form a larger matrix using headers on the back (4x8, 8x8, 12x4, etc)
• Control Expandability: 16-pin header on back side of PCB allows an external device to control all VCAs: e.g. patch recall, patch sequencing, preset patterns such as quadrature panning, etc.
• Suitable as a 4x4 mixer, splitter, dynamic signal router, limited waveshaper, etc.
• 16 Level knobs
• 4 CV/Audio ins
• 16 Control jacks
• 4 Buffered and decoupled CV/Audio outs
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable, 16-16-pin
• Printed manual