Ableton Push 2
Ableton Push and Live work seamlessly together to provide the best of both worlds: hands-on hardware to make something from scratch, and full-featured software to fine tune and finish your song.
The new Push now puts even more elements of song creation at your fingertips. Play and program beats, melodies and harmonies. Use new sampling workflows to slice samples across the pads, play single hits, or play back timestretched samples. Quickly browse, preview and load anything from your library of sounds and instruments. And with smoother, more responsive pads and a multicolor display that adapts to show exactly what you need, Push now brings a new level of playability.
Push lets you browse, preview and load your own sounds for making beats, or access Live's vast library of drums. Then play beats live with the 64 velocity-sensitive pads and adjust sounds and kits while you play, using eight touch-sensitive endless encoders. Or switch to a 16-pad mode that allows you to play in real time, step sequence beats, and adjust the length of your loop, all at the same time. You can also tweak timing, velocity, and parameter values individually for each pad.
Push's pads correspond to pitches, and offer a condensed layout that encourages a fresh approach to melody and harmony: large intervals can be reached easily, and patterns can be played with the same fingerings in all keys. You can select a key and scale with the touch of a button, and Push's touch slider can be used for pitch bend or modulation.
Push also lets you step sequence notes and chords: use the pads to enter notes, then make precise timing changes, create variations or adjust note length and velocity. You can even step sequence automation: record a parameter's value for each step to create rhythmic, quantized parameter changes that are locked to specific notes in your loop.
• Hardware instrument for hands-on playability with Ableton Live 9.5
• Play or step sequence beats, notes, chords and automation
• New sampling workflows: slice, play and manipulate samples from Push
• Large multicolour display adapts to show what you need
• 64 sensitive and playable backlit pads
• 8 touch-sensitive encoders for controlling mixer, devices and instruments, and Live browser navigation
• Clip launch mode for live performance and arrangement recording
• Scales mode offers unique approach to playing notes and chords
• Includes Live Intro for new users
• Shell: The upper shell is a thick but lightweight plate of anodized aluminum
• Pads: Soft silicon pads, carefully calibrated to respond perfectly at any velocity, RGB backlighting
• Buttons: The control buttons gently click and are lit with white or multi-colored LEDs to indicate a variety of states
• Encoders: High-resolution endless encoders that respond to touch
• Display: The high-resolution RGB display is bright and clear at any viewing angle and under any lighting
• Touchstrip: 17cm touch strip for pitch bend/scrolling, 31 LEDs for navigation
• Push hardware
• 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz with interchangeable heads for North/Central America & Japan (Type A), China (Type A & I), Europe (Type C), UK (Type G), Australia & New Zealand (Type I)
• USB cable 1.40m (55.12 inches)
• Quick Start Guide + Download version of Live 9
• Width: 370mm (14.57 inches)
• Depth: 293mm (11.54 inches)
• Height (body): 26mm (1.02 inches), (body + encoders): 46mm (1.81 inches)
• Weight: 2990g (6.6 pounds)
• External Power: 12V DC 1.25A
• USB Power: 5V/0.5A
• Two pedal inputs
• Kensington Lock