Bastl Instruments Skis - ALU
In the front of every ski there is a curve similar to a decay envelope. Skis module has two channels and each of them consists of a decay envelope with knob control and a VCA. There is a TRIGGER input to trigger the envelope, a buffered envelope output which is normalized to the CV input of the VCA & a SIGNAL IN and OUT of the VCA.
There is also a CRUNCH switch which activates a special mosfet lo-fi VCA circuit inspired by designs of Standa Filip. This adds a slight crunchy character which changes with the decay of the envelope.
A typical application of Skis is to take two signals (noises for example) and generate drum sounds with adjustable DECAY from them with a TRIGGER signal. However, you can also use the two VCAs and two DECAY envelopes independently.
• dual decay envelope with adjustable decay time (trigger input, CV output)
• dual vca (signal IN, signal OUT, CV IN is normalized to CV output of decay envelope)
• crunch feature inspired by circuits of Standa Filip
• jumpers for changing the decay envelope to release envelope (vca is on full while there is a gate signal and than it decays)
• jumpers for enabling the decay knob to completely mute the decay envelope
• jumpers for selecting weird filtering of the output signal (also inspired by Standa Filip)
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable