Bastl Instruments Spa (GrandPa Expander) - Wood, BLOWOUT PRICING
Spa is an expander for the granular sample player module grandPa. It adds CV inputs for nearly all parameters and a clock input to trigger the grain shift. It doesn't work without the grandPa module.
The voltage on the CV inputs is relatively added to the grandPa settings on both channels A and B. All CV inputs react only to positive voltages. The update rate of these CV inputs is 20 Hz. Communication between SPA and Grandpa can introduce audible artifacts to some samples while tweaking the SPA knobs.
Four CV inputs have attenuator knobs. These CV inputs are normalized to 5V so the knobs act as a signal source when nothing is connected to the CV input.
• CV inputs with attenuators are normalized to 5V so the attenuators work as direct controls of the parameters for both channels A and B of the grandPa
• CV inputs react only to positive voltages from 0-12V
• Grain Size and Shift Speed CV inputs with attenuators
• switch to select whether the other two CV inputs with attenuators control Start / End or Attack / Release parameters
• Crush cv input
• Grain Sync input to trigger grain shift
In the Box
• The module itself
• eurorack ribbon cable