Bleep Labs Delaydelus 2
Modular Friendly Sampler/Delay
At its core the Delaydelus 2 is performative sampler that can manipulate the pitch of 4 stereo samples at once. Coupled with extensive CV in and out, a syncable delay, and audio input you have a machine that can make anything from boom bap beats to outer dimensional noise loops, with or without additional gear.
The Delaydelus 2 uses a 4mm banana jack patch bay to select which of the 10 samples is played by one of the two buttons. The jacks on the left and right are for each button. Connect the left jack to one of the 10 sample jacks and hat sample will play when you press the left arcade button. Connect it to 4 jacks and it will play all 4 at once. if you are using a banana jack system the samples can be triggered directly but the two devices must be grounded. One way to do this is by using one of the ⅛” jacks which is why the ⅛” trigger inputs are an easier way of externally triggering the device.
At the top there are euro-rack modular standard 1/8″ ins and outs. These can be patched to external gear or self patched to create some interesting loops and textures. Each side of the device has it’s own CV FM in, CV envelope out, Trigger in and Trigger out. There is also delay sync i/o. All of these features are explained in depth below. You can also play the samples with the 1/8″ trigger inputs at the top. All the samples selected on the left will be played when a trigger signal is received on the left “trig in” jack (more on gate vs trigger mode in the mode section).
All the stereo samples being played are equally mixed together and go through a 1 second stereo delay. It has a wide band pass filter that starts at ~100hz to 12kHz.
The delay effect is an emulation of a classic tape or BBD delay where the time is interpolated, meaning that it takes time to reach it destination rate. This gives it the classic re-pitching sound.
10, stereo, 17 second long samples can be stored in the device’s memory. The can be loaded from the micro SD card(below the samples button) individually or all at once or can be sampled using the 1/8″ stereo input. 4 samples can be played back at the same time. Audio in and audio going into the delay are passed through a soft clipping waveshaper to avoid hard distortion and give the device a distinctive sound when overdriven.
• Stereo 16bit 44kHz audio i/o
• Banana plug patch bay allows you to play up to 4 samples at once triggered from the two arcade buttons or trigger inputs.
• Control the speed and direction of the samples with the knobs as well as the CV FM (-5V to 10V) input
• CV envelope follower out (0-8V) based on audio playback level
• Trigger outs (10V) from each sampler button.
• One shot mode, Gate (mpc style) mode, + Send external audio through the built in 1 second stereo delay.
• Record into one of 10 banks. Each can hold up to 17 seconds of high quality audio.
• Delay sync in and out with the ability to divide and multiply incoming sync rate.
• Micro SD card slot allows loading and saving WAV files to and from the 10 banks.
• Built-in new samples from Daedelus
In the Box
• The Delaydelus 2 itself
• 12V power supply what will work worldwide
• Dimensions: 6.25” x 4.75” x 2” (160 x 120 x 50mm)