Dave Smith Instruments Oberheim OB-6 Desktop
The OB-6® desktop module is just as powerful and easy to use as its counterpart, the OB-6 Keyboard. The module has all of the same controls as the keyboard version and provides the same immediacy and ease of use. As with the OB-6 Keyboard, all parameters are at your fingertips, with full-sized knobs and switches and a comfortable, intuitive layout.
How does it sound? Massive - just like the keyboard, because on the inside, it's exactly the same. The same analog signal path with discrete VCOs and VCFs. The same high-quality digital effects. The same classic Oberheim sound that has been earning raves from musicians around the world. We've also added a poly chain feature so that any two OB-6s can be paired for twelve-voice polyphony!
Both the OB-6 desktop module and OB-6 keyboard are a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration between the two most influential designers in poly synth history, Dave Smith and Tom Oberheim. The OB-6 takes the classic bold Tom Oberheim sound - with its true voltage-controlled oscillators, 2-pole filter, and amplifiers - and adds modern enhancements such as studio-quality effects, a polyphonic step sequencer, an arpeggiator, and more. No other modern analog poly synth can boast such a pedigree or such a massive, in-your-face sonic signature.
The OB-6 sound engine is inspired by Tom's original SEM, the core of his acclaimed 4-voice and 8- voice synthesizers. It features two discrete voltage-controlled oscillators (plus sub-oscillator) per voice with continuously variable waveshapes (sawtooth and variable-width pulse, plus a triangle wave on oscillator 2). The classic Oberheim-inspired 2-pole, state-variable, resonant filter provides low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, and notch functionality. Voltage-controlled amplifiers complete the all-analog signal path.
• Two discrete VCOs per voice
• Continuously variable wave shape (sawtooth and variable-width pulse, plus triangle on oscillator 2) per oscillator
• Two-pole, resonant, filter per voice with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, and notch functionality inspired by the original Oberheim SEM filter
• Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator
• LFO: Five wave shapes: sine, sawtooth, reverse sawtooth, square, and random (sample and hold)
• Clock sync (internal or external MIDI clock)
• Mod destinations: oscillator 1 frequency, oscillator 2 frequency, oscillator 1 and 2 pulse width, filter cutoff, filter mode, amp
• X-MOD: Sources: filter envelope (bi-polar) and oscillator 2 (bi-polar). Destinations: oscillator 1 frequency, oscillator 1 shape, oscillator 1 pulse width, filter cutoff, filter mode, normal to bandpass filter
• Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps and rests
• 500 user and 500 factory programs in 10 banks of 100 programs each
• Dimensions: 20.75” L x 7.8” W x 4.4? H (52.0 cm x 19.8 cm x 11.2 cm)
• 13.0 lbs (5.9 kg)
• Power: IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply. Operates worldwide on voltages between 100 and 240 volts at 50 to 60 Hz; 30 watts maximum power consumption,