Dave Smith Instruments Prophet REV2 16-Voice, (Serial Number: 1150), USED
This item is used, has been fully tested and is guaranteed to be working. 16-Voice Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
The Prophet Rev2 retains all of the key features of the Prophet '08 and expands on them. It has twice the polyphony, twice the mod matrix, waveshape modulation on all waveforms, digital effects per layer in stacked or split voice mode, a polyphonic step sequencer per layer, and more. The result is a true analog powerhouse.
With 16 voices to play with, you have the freedom to allocate them as you wish. Play two-fisted chords, stack two 8-voice sounds for massive, complex textures, or split the keyboard into two completely separate 8-voice instruments.
The Prophet Rev2 gets its bold, punchy sound from its 2/4 pole, low-pass, resonant Curtis filters per voice. These are the same filters used not only in the Prophet '08, but in many classic instruments of the 70's and 80's. A separate Audio Mod control adds additional harmonic complexity and movement.
A powerful new feature unique to the Prophet Rev2 is waveshape modulation. You can now vary the “pulse width” of any of the four waveforms (sawtooth, saw+tri, triangle, square). Using the Shape Mod control, you can manually dial in a desired waveshape width or use an LFO or other mod source for continuously shifting timbre. Even single-oscillator sounds take on new depth and dimension. The tonal possibilities are vast.
• 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice (plus sub octave on oscillator 1) with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation)
• Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
• White noise generator, Analog VCA's, Hard Sync
• 1 analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode)
• 3 envelope generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
• Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps (6 notes per step), and ties and rests. Separate 16 x 4 gated step sequencer. Each layer can have a separate sequence.
• 4 LFO's with key sync per LFO
• 8-slot modulation matrix
• 512 Factory Programs (4 banks of 128) and 512 fully editable User Programs with 2 layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program
• Programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
• Selectable note value: 16th note, 8th note triplet, 8th note, dotted 8th note, quarter note
• One, two, or three octave range, Re-Latching arpeggiation, Note Repeat
• 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch
• 52 knobs and 20 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
• Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
• MIDI In, Out, Thru
• Main stereo audio output: 1/4? unbalanced
• Output B stereo audio output: 1/4? unbalanced
• Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
• Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
• Headphone output: 1/4? stereo phone jack.
• Oiled African mahogany wood end panels
• Dimensions: 12.70? (32.26 cm) W x 35.12? (89.20 cm) L x 3.80? (9.65 cm) H (2.30? at front edge; the feet account for 0.25? of the total height)
• Weight: 20.5 lbs. (9.3 kg)