Sequential Prophet X, DEMO UNIT, SERIAL NUMBER: 399
This item is used, has been fully tested and is guaranteed to be working.
Samples-Plus-Synthesis Hybrid Synth
The Next Evolution of the Prophet
The Sequential Prophet X is a potent fusion of samples-plus-synthesis and is Dave Smith's most ground-breaking evolution of the Prophet yet. At its heart, it's a bi-timbral, 8-voice-stereo (16-voice mono) synth with a newly developed sound engine that powers two simultaneous 16-bit, 48kHz sample-based instruments plus two high-resolution digital oscillators - all processed through analog filters. With 150 GB of internal samples from acclaimed sound developers 8Dio, and all of the powerful synthesis tools you've come to expect from Dave, the Prophet X has a musical voice uniquely its own.
On the sample side of things, the Prophet X provides two independent, stereo, digitally sampled instruments per voice (4 in Stack or Split mode). The 150 GB of internal sample content was created by 8Dio, known for pioneering “deep sampling.” You'll find a diverse collection of acoustic and electronic instruments as well as plenty of edgy ambient and cinematic effects. You can shape the samples through loop manipulation, sample stretching, and the Prophet X's sound-sculpting modulation functions. Each sample instrument has its own Tone control for high-pass or low-pass filtering. Fifty gigabytes of additional internal storage is dedicated to importing external sample libraries. Support for user-created samples is planned for December 2018. Add-on sample packs are available from 8Dio on product release.
On the synth side, the Prophet X gives you the power of a classic Prophet, with two high-resolution digital oscillators that feature both classic waveshapes and a supersaw for more timbral possibilities. Using the Shape Mod control, you can manually dial in a desired waveshape width for any of the classic sine, sawtooth, or pulse waves, or use an LFO or other mod source for continuously shifting timbre. You can shape the raw sounds with all of the classic synthesis functions you'd expect, including 4 syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset, 4 loopable five-stage envelope generators, and a 16-slot mod matrix with dozens of modulation sources and destinations.
• 2 multi-sampled stereo instruments per voice,
• 150 GB of factory-installed 16-bit, 48 kHz sampled instruments created by 8Dio
• 2 digital oscillators per voice with selectable sine, sawtooth, pulse, and supersaw waves. You can vary the shape of any of the waveshapes
• 2 x analog 4-pole resonant low-pass filter per voice, Digital high-pass filter in Effects section
• 4 loopable, five-stage (ADSR plus delay) envelope generators: Filter, VCA, and two assignable
• Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps (6 notes per step), and ties and rests.
• 4 LFO's with key sync, phase offset, and slewing per LFO
• 6-slot modulation matrix, 28 sources, 88 destinations
• Fully-featured arpeggiator, Re-latching arpeggiation, Note repeat
• 2 digital effects on each layer
• Full-sized, semi-weighted, 5-octave keyboard with velocity and channel (mono) aftertouch
• 512 Factory Programs (4 banks of 128) and 512 fully editable User Programs with 2 layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program
• Sample import jack for USB Stick
• Pedal/CV: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages.
• Main stereo audio output: 2 x 1/4? phone (TS, unbalanced)
• Output B stereo audio output: 2 x 1/4? phone (TS, unbalanced)
• Dimensions: 38.44? L x 13.53? W x 4.13? H (97.6 cm L x 34.3 cm W x 10.9 cm H)
• Weight: 24 lbs