The ES-40 is a Eurorack format module which converts a standard S/PDIF input to five channels of expansion headers, which are used in conjunction with the Expert Sleepers ESX range of expanders (currently including the ESX-8GT, the ESX-4CV, the ESX-8CV and the ESX-8MD).
The ES-40 will connect to any audio device using the S/PDIF standard. This includes the digital audio output provided as standard on many recent Macs.
It also includes an S/PDIF output for sending data back to the computer. This output is used by expansion modules connected to the ES-40; such as the ES-7 CV Input Expander.
The ES-40 does nothing by itself, but forms the basis of a very configurable system. Simply add the expansion modules you need. Here are some ideas:
• 8 general purpose CVs - an ES-40 plus an ESX-8CV gives you a flexible, general purpose modular controller.
• 8 CV/gate pairs - an ES-40, an ESX-8CV and an ESX-8GT gives you enough outputs for 8 classic monosynths - or to realise that 8 voice polyphonic modular you've been dreaming of.
• 8 drum triggers - an ES-40 and an ESX-8GT gives you 8 triggers for your rack of drum modules, for the ultimate in sample-accurate rhythm. Add up to four more ESX-8GTs for up to 40 triggers/gates/clocks!
• MIDI & DINsync - an ES-40 and an ESX-8MD form a sample-accurate, jitter-free, multi-port MIDI interface.
• Digital audio - an ES-40 and an ES-7 gives you two channels of 24 bit analogue-to-digital conversion to get your modular audio into your DAW.
• Coaxial S/PDIF, standard rates up to 192kHz
• Coaxial S/PDIF
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable
You cart is currently empty