Folktek Alter 2 (Gold)
Alter is an effects processor for eurorack format. This is Alter 2, with a Gold faceplate, featuring 7 different DSP effects meticulously designed over the course of a year.
• analog delay
• reverb with infinite capture and lp + hp filters
• choral reverb
• palindrome reverse delay - backward/forward repeat
• time stretch
• pitch shift (notated semi-tones
• time stretch glitch
• stereo inputs with separate gain control for right and left channels
• peak level indicator for clipping levels at the input
• mono input is made stereo within dsp and outputs to both left and right channels
• stereo outputs for right and left channels
• controls for mix, X, Y and filter as well as clock.
• all effects have a variation of a filter which may change effect to effect.
• X and Y control various rates, feedback and time over the different effects (note that some of the images shows a prototype whcih says "rate" under two of the pots. The faceplate has been changed to "X" and "Y").
• clock control adjusts the rate which controls the DSP which can drastically change the effect. In doing so it does slightly lower the quality of the output signal but the results are fantastic. This clock is not for synchronization.
• mix, X, Y and filter all have CV control inputs.
• Each control level or cv input is visualized on the control panel.
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable