Folktek Mescaline v.2 Kit (Gold)
Changes to this new version 2:
• Signal/level boost on Mental
• Gain stage adjustments on Channel
• Noise filtering on Channel
• Pitch range trim pot added to allow for great control of the master frequency
• A 10 note polyphonic synthesizer with a sweet, warm sound and a huge custom designed reverb which also has an audio input and can be used to process external sound. Channel becomes a powerful effects processor with some very nice DSP designs we've been working on for the past year.
• A touch-based synth which provides a sweet sounding 10 key oscillation based 10 filtered and reshaped analog square wave oscillators, each with a decay on the amp.
• Each key is tuned individually and can be tuned to specific notes on the back via tuning trim pots so you can create intervals or pitch arrangements as you like.
• Master pitch control (with control voltage) lets you change the tuning of all notes simultaneously.
• Synthesis passes through any of 4 selectable custom DSP effects - reverb which is huge and near infinite, notated tight delay, pitch shifter delay and palindrome reverse delay. Each effect has mix, two controls over effect changes and a low pass filter or damping.
• Motion is made up of two sequencers with simple but fully-capable function and some added function that other things don't/can't perform that help Mental to really shine. Both sequencers have clock division to break the rhythm but perhaps most important is how the trigger sequencer works - using opto-couplers (switches) to trigger parts within Mental to create sounds, textures and rhythms that voltage sources simply can't. It does this by directly connecting multiple parts within Mental. The CV does a great job of synching Channel.
• Motion also has sine modulation (vactrol or cv), gate triggers, resets for the sequencers to determine sequence length, and can got into chaotic territory but jumping voltages into the clock inputs.
• 8 part CV Sequencer
• 8 part trigger sequencer with multi-add functionality
• 5 part clock division for each sequencer
• vactrol-based sine modulation
• An incredibly unique drum synth that will create odd and beautiful beats for days. It's a Drone synth that's generates some incredibly rich drone with multi-oscillation and in-circuit filtering. It's an audio processor that can take any incoming audio and chop it into place, filter it, distort it and screw it in ways that nothing else does.
• 17 input points to control synthesis and filtering via the sequencer trigger or cv points as well as the clock division points.
• removable breadboard to allow for development and experimentation.
• 4 patchable pots to attenuate signals and gain more control *and/or* create direct patches to create drone scapes or use Mental as an audio processor
• An entire system gets all of the parts and bits and pieces and nuts and bolts to make it all work; the 3 modules, the frame, plenty of dupont patch cables, a small pack of components like resistors and capacitors, 12v power adapter (wall wart) and the nicely printed manual.
• Note: The 12v adapter we supply has a fairly short cable. You can easily make it longer by purchasing an extension. Just search "2.1mm extension" (x5.5mm): like this. It will have a female end on one side and male on the other and you can find whatever length you want. If you'd like to add a power switch to the mescaline, get this.