Hexinverter Électronique Mindphaser, PRE-ORDER
Analog Complex Oscillator with Thru-Zero PM
Building on the familiar dual VCO core arrangement of Carrier and Modulator, Mindphaser is a complex oscillator which departs from this bit of ancestral DNA with a modern toolkit focused on searing, phase-modulated leads, percussive basslines and other-worldly effects!
A diverse palette of intermodulation and harmonic experimentation is offered through the Modulation Bus, its unique Waveshaper and the dedicated Thru-zero Phase Modulation Bus. An intuitive interface provides colour-coded visual feedback and responsive indication while performing in dimly-lit environments.
TWO PRECISION ANALOG OSCILLATOR CORES
- Precision, wide-range V/oct ramp cores, each ranging from deep subsonic to supersonic frequencies (ramp cores, and not triangular, deliver the ideal waveforms for analog phase accumulation in the TZ-PM Bus)
- Each core generates fundamental waveshapes which interact and mangle one-another through the complex Modulation Bus and TZ-PM bus
- Simultaneous waveform outputs for each base shape
The heartbeat of Mindphaser, focused on audio-rate generation. Drives the WAVESHAPER and TZ-PM bus. This core’s frequency range spans the audible spectrum
- An external hard SYNC IN forcibly resets the core, useful for punchy sequences, percussive basslines and drum synthesis -- or to sync to another VCO
- Coarse and fine controls conveniently span the audible spectrum. Ranges further with external CV
An extremely wide range oscillator, spanning from deep LFO frequencies all the way up to supersonic sound! Four base waveforms and diverse internal routing options form a versatile palette of modulations for the CARRIER to feed on
- Activating hard SYNC on the Modulator locks its core to the Carrier’s heartbeat. The effect can be dramatic. Try this while phase modulating!
- Octave RANGE switch lets you quickly flick up and down between octaves. All the way beyond audio-rate and LFO speed octaves. Perfect for experimenting with different PM sidebands and taming the wide frequency range of the Modulator
- Manual PW (Pulse Width) control and dedicated CV input for PWM
This isn’t a classic waveshaper! Developed anew from the ground up, this waveshaper is focused on deep harmonic experimentation and audio obliteration. Each waveshaper parameter is capable of being "turned up to 11".
- FOLD up to 5 octaves above the fundamental Carrier frequency. A ceiling forms at maximum, imparting additional harmonics
- FEEDBACK the waveshaped and phase-modulated audio through a signal path internal to the waveshaper
- AMPLITUDE modulation spans thru-zero, allowing for full-range ring modulation effects with bipolar CV or audio signals
- CLIP the final stage of amplitude with the switch to introduce a last stage of harmonics before the complex signal exits through the final OUT
TWO DISTINCT WAVESHAPING MODES
A press of the shape switch toggles Mindphaser between RAMPOID (green) and TRIANGULAR (yellow) waveshaping modes.
These modes have a remarkable effect on the behaviour of wavefolding and overall character of the final complex OUT, in addition to TZ-PM Bus character.
- RAMPOID mode folds more asymmetrically, with raucous, buzzing harmonic artefacts as you sweep and introduce TZ-PM
- TRIANGULAR mode folds more symmetric, splitting the complex sine wave at its peak centre of the waveform. TZ-PM character is less raucous, and more smooth.
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable