The Genuine ARP 2600 in a More Convenient Size
The ARP 2600 is arguably the most iconic and recognizable synthesizer of all time. Having been used in countless records, film scores, TV shows and game soundtracks since its appearance from the 70’s through to today, the ARP 2600’s sound remains an essential part of the music world.
The new ARP 2600 M delivers the sound admired around the world , in a more compact and portable format and including added features that make it the ideal incarnation of this historic synth.
A must-have in the studio
It is not by chance that the ARP 2600 has been so extremely popular to this day.
More than a synthesizer, the ARP 2600 M is a complete sound design studio. Even today, the ARP 2600 stands as a bridge between the individual elements of modular synthesis and the immediacy of a production / performance instrument.
Included are an ample supply of oscillators, envelopes, a filter and amplifier – all of the building blocks of analog synthesis. But the ARP 2600 M goes even further, with a spring reverb tank and a pair of built-in monitor speakers. Also present is much of the versatility of a vintage modular system, including a ring modulation, lag and voltage processors, an envelope follower, audio preamp, a clock-able switch, noise source, a sample-and-hold module, signal inverters, an auxiliary mixer, and even a set of parallel-wired/multi jacks.
Added features and functionality:
The new ARP 2600 M is not only faithful to the original, it also includes an array of added features that will make it even easier to use:
- Plug and play: Connect any class compliant MIDI controller such as a KORG microKeys, nanokeys or SQ-64 to one of the ARP 2600 M’s USB ports (USB-A and USB-B) and automatically get full control of your instrument!
- Resized: The new size makes it easier to visualize your patch and also allows you to use shorter patch cables
- Two types of filters from two versions of the original ARP 2600（4012 type, 4072 type
- DIN MIDI IN added
- Pitch-bend, Modulation and Portamento ON/OFF can be controlled through MIDI CC messages (USB/DIN MIDI)
- Normalized voltage: The threshold of the trigger signal required to activate the ADSR through the S/H GATE JACK has become 5V, making it much easier to use in combination with other gear such as volcas or Eurorack modules
- Improved Attack and Release time ratios
- L/R Stereo Output Jack (instead of XLR)
- Speakers turn automatically off when using headphones
- Improved, smoother sliders
- Operating temperature range0 – +40 °C (non‐condensing)Maximum Polyphony2 voices for duo phonic; normally monophonic
- VCO-1 (Voltage Controlled Oscilator 1)WaveformsSawtooth, squareFrequency rangeApprox. 0.03 Hz – 30 Hz (low freq. mode)
- Approx. 10 Hz - 10 kHz (audio mode)Voltage controlled response1V/oct.VCO-2 (Voltage Controlled Oscillator 2)WaveformsSawtooth, pulse (dynamic pulse), triangle, sineFrequency rangeApprox. 0.03 Hz – 30 Hz (low freq. mode)
- Approx. 10 Hz - 10 kHz (audio mode)Pulse width10% – 90%Voltage controlled response1V/oct.VCO-3 (Voltage Controlled Oscilator 3)WaveformsSawtooth, pulse (dynamic pulse)Frequency rangeApprox. 0.03 Hz - 30 Hz (low freq. mode)
- Approx. 10 Hz - 10 kHz (audio mode)Pulse width10% – 90%Voltage controlled response1V/oct.VCF (Voltage Controlled Filter)TypeLow-pass (TYPE I : early 24 dB/oct., TYPE II: late 24 dB/oct.)Frequency rangeApprox. 10 Hz - 10 kHzResonance1/2 - self oscillateVCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier)Control voltageAR type (internally connected)
- ADSR type (internally connected)
- Noise generatorNoise spectrum types (white and pink)
- RING MODULATOR: TypeAnalog multiplierInput signal (Internally connected)VCO-1 sawtooth wave, VCO-2 sine waveSAMPLE & HOLDSampled signalNoise (internally connected)AUDIO OUTPUT JACKS
- MIDI connector
- USB ports: Type A, Type B
- Power supply: AC power supply terminal (KA320)Power consumption13W
- Dimensions: (W × D × H) 520 × 129 × 311 mm / 20.5 x 5 x 12.2 inches
- Weight5.9 kg / 13 lbs.
- Includes: black suitcase