Korg MS-20 Mini
The classic MS-20 analog synthesizer recreated in mini size featuring the original circuitry from 1978!
Korg's MS-20 monophonic synthesizer, first introduced in 1978, is still a coveted instrument to this day thanks to its thick, robust sound, its powerful, iconic analog filter and its versatile patching options. Today, the sounds of the MS-20 have been reborn in hardware, as the MS-20 Mini. The same engineers who developed the original MS-20 have perfectly reproduced its circuitry and fit into a body that's been shrunk to 86% of the original size, yet retains the distinctive look of the original. The MS-20 mini will amaze you with its absolutely authentic analog synth sound.
MS-20's design concept started by borrowing from the vertical layout found on larger and more expensive modular synths of its time, and then creating a more portable, inexpensive, and eaier to use version. In spite of its smaller size, meticulous care has been taken to accurately reproduce the knob design and the printing. The patch cables have been changed from 1/4" phone plugs to mini-plugs, and the newly-designed keyboard is also 86% of the original size.
Replicates every detail of the original
The effort to remain faithful to the original is not limited to the unit itself. Even the package that contains the unit replicates the original as far as possible. Also included are the original MS-20 owner's manual and settings chart, explaining how to create sounds. Now you can experience the excitement of the MS20, just like it was during its original release in 1978.
• Overseen by the engineers of the original MS-20, a complete replication of the original analog circuitry
• 2 x VCO / 2 x VCA / 2 x VCF / 2 EG / 1 x LFO
• Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinct distortion at higher levels
• External signal processor (ESP)
• Extremely flexible patching system
• Miniature MS-20 that's 86% of the original size
• MIDI IN and USB connector
• Replicates every detail of the original, down to the package binding and the included original manual
• 10 patch cables
• Dimensions: 19.41" x 10.12" x 8.19 "
• Weight: 10.58 lbs
• Power: DC 9V, 1.7A