Korg Volca Kick
Analog Kick Generator
The volca kick is an analog kick generator that's made for sound design. An analog circuit based on the powerful resonant sound of the original MS-20 filter, it lets you create a wide range of kick sounds only possible through analog circuitry, ranging from solid kick drums to crisp kick basses. The 16-step sequencer, a distinctive feature of the volca, now has a new Touch FX feature that lets you control an effect instantly, giving you even more live performance potential. Experience the stunning power of an analog kick that cannot be obtained from a plug-in or a sample.
The volca kick generates powerfully present kick sounds using a completely analog circuit. To create those sounds, it uses not a typical sine wave, but the sound of an oscillating filter from the original MS-20. The powerful Rev.1 filter of the MS-20 self-oscillates when resonance is increased to the maximum, and this is used to produce powerful kick sounds with complex overtones.
Simple and effective parameters are provided, allowing you to freely design a wide range of kick sounds to your taste. Start the sound design process by using MS-20 RESONATOR (PITCH/BEND/TIME) to control the sense of pitch that generates the "body resonance" of the kick sound. Then use PULSE COLOUR/LEVEL to adjust the clip components to control the sense of attack, and AMP ATTACK/DECAY to intuitively control the decay of the sound. From tight kicks to fat, slow-decaying kicks, and pitched kick bass, it's possible to create kick sounds that are appropriate for every type of dance music.
• Type - Analog synthesis
• Maximum Polyphony - 1 voice
• Structure - VCF (no input MS-20 Rev1 filter as resonator), Pulse Generator, VCA, analogue DRIVE, analogue TONE
• MS-20 - Resonator Pitch/Octave, Bend, Time
• Pulse - Colour, Level
Convenient Functions as Found on the Entire Volca Series
• Familiar and intuitive panel layout with numerous parameters to edit sounds and sequences
• Synchronized playback with other volca units, electribe, or DAW
• MIDI In, sync and parameter changes from any MIDI device
• Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
• 7.61 x 4.54 x 1.81 inches
• 0.83 lbs (Excluding batteries)
• 6 AA alkaline or AA nickel-metal hydride batteries
• or KA-350 AC adapter (optional)