Analog Synth & Vocoder
The microKORG is a compact-sized synthesizer that delivers the true enjoyment of synthesis. Underneath its small exterior lurks an amazingly powerful synthesizer. It is fun to play, and it delivers a sound and functionality that will satisfy everyone from the beginner to the professional. Welcome to a world of unlimited creativity.
The tone generator features the same DSP analog modeling system as the MS-2000 – which has been acclaimed by musicians for its warmth and broad range of sounds. Offering a wide selection of waveforms, the microKORG offers powerful filters, envelopes, LFOs, effects and modulation possibilities to help you shape the sounds you want.
You can edit the sound easily and intuitively, simply by selecting parameters and turning knobs. Since it's easy to modify the sound in realtime, the microKORG can play a role in a wide variety of situations ranging from live performance, to recording, to computer control.
Each voice of the microKORG consists of two oscillators (OSC1 and OSC2). OSC1 provides basic analog waveforms such as sawtooth wave, square wave, and sine wave, as well as VOX Wave (human voice formats) and 64 DWGS waveforms from Korg's classic DW-8000 digital synthesizer. This is a total of 71 possible selections, more than any other modeling synthesizer! Many of these waves can be further shaped to produce classic effects like pulse width modulation, FM and other forms of waveshaping. By applying ring- or sync-modulation from OSC2 with its three basic analog waveforms, you can easily create extremely complex sounds that would be impossible using just a single oscillator. An external audio input can be used to route audio into the microKorg and process it with the filter and effects sections.
This is an eight-band vocoder (the sixteen filters are used in pairs) that can not only simulate the classic vocoder sounds of the past, but also shift the filter frequencies (Formant Shift function) or even adjust the level and panning of each frequency band to dramatically transform the tonal character and create highly original sounds. In addition, the Formant Hold key freezes the formants of the input vocal signal, allowing you to capture your voice and play it on the keyboard. Since the microKORG ships with a microphone, you can start using the powerful vocoder function immediately.
• Synth: 4 Voices / Multi Timbral 2 (max, Split/Dual Mode)
• Multi Mode Filter(-24dB/octLPF,-12dB/oct LPF/BPF/HPF)
• EG×2, LFOx2, Virtual Patchx4
• Vocoder: 4 Voice, 8 Channels, Formant Shift function, Level and pan of each channel can be edited
• 128 programs
• Modulation effects (3 types), Delay (3 types), Equalizer
• 6 Arpeggiator Types
• Real-Time control knob X 4 (3 level Selection), Arpeggio ON/OFF
• 37 Keys (mini-keyboard, keyboard has velocity)
• AUDIO IN 1,2, Level switch LINE/MIC, [AUDIO IN 1, 2 (LINE) ], [AUDIO IN 2 (MIC)]
• Midi IN/OUT/THRU
• L/MONO, R, Headphones Outputs
• Dimensions: 524 x 232 x 70mm/20.63" x 9.13" x 2.76
• Weight: 2.2 kg/4.85 lbs (without batteries and included microphone)
In the box
• AC adapter (DC 9 V, 600 mA), or six AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
• Condenser Microphone
You cart is currently empty