Korg Prologue 8
49 Key 8 voice Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Prologue is a polyphonic analog synthesizer equipped with a full-sized keyboard. With powerful analog circuits that are descended directly from the earlier models of the series, together with a newly developed digital multi engine and gorgeous DSP-based effects, prologue expands the variety of sounds and the possibilities for user customization.
The prologue uses a structure of 2VCO + MULTI ENGINE, 1VCF, 2EG, 1VCA, and 1LFO. In addition to distinctive, original circuitry, such as wave shaping to shape the oscillator's overtones and a sync/ring switch, prologue also features a two-pole low pass filter with enhanced sharpness, drive that adds powerful distortion, and a low cut (high pass) switch. Every detail has been improved on from minilogue and monologue. Its sound covers every sonic possibility: fat basses, powerful leads, and the beautiful pads that you expect from a polyphonic synthesizer.
The ingenuity of prologue goes beyond its analog design. The newly developed multi engine is provided as VCO3, adding digital waveforms and FM. This multi engine, which is equipped with three different sound engines, can be combined with the analog VCOs to expand prologue's sonic potential far beyond that of a traditional analog synthesizer.
• 49 keys (Natural touch keyboard with velocity)
• Analogue sound generator + Multi digital sound generator (Noise, VPM, User)
• 8 voices
• 500 voices (more than 250 preload, 250 user programs).
• 4 (POLY, MONO, UNISON, CHORD).
• Max two timbre (Main timbre, Sub timbre)
• 6 arp types (Manual, Rise, Fall, Rise Fall, Random, Poly Random).
• 8 (PROG NUM, CATEGORY, ALPHABETICAL, LIKE, FREQUENT, ENVELOPE, RANDOM, LIVE SET)
• CHORUS, ENSEMBLE, PHASER, FLANGER, USER
• DELAY/REVERB, TIME, DEPTH
• Dimensions: 709 mm x 348 mm x 118 mm/27.91" x 13.70" x 4.65"
• Weight: 7.5 kg/16.53 lbs.
In the Box
• The synth itself
• Power Cable