LZX Industries Fortress
3-Bit Low Rez Hi-fi Video Graphics Instrument
Fortress is a low rez hi fi video graphics instrument with no CPU, based on analog clock oscillators and high speed comparators. Generate patterns and animation with 3-bit numbers using the techniques of early digital video art pioneers. Digitize and re-colorize video sources in real time with internal palette memory. The perfect video synthesis voice module for recreating the cover art of 1970s textbooks and early arcade graphics.
• Horizontal, vertical and low frequency analog clock VCOs with dedicated 3-bit counting DACs and selectable waveform patterns.
• Three realtime ADCs for 8-level slicing of analog video inputs, based on high speed analog comparators. An intricate Slip Sync mode can chain all three oscillators to create phase scrolling motion for animation.
• 4 Bit ALU (Arithmetic Logic Unit) with 8 selectable operations including Add, Subtract, AND, OR, XOR, NAND, NOR and XNOR
• 16 Stage Shift Register Delay Line with 8 selectable output taps.
• 32 Bit Cellular Automata generative drawing algorithm with 8 selectable rulesets.
• 48 Bit Linear Feedback Shift Register for pseudorandom patterned noise with 8 selectable XOR taps.
• 9-bit RGB DACs with palette memory and 8 selectable color palettes.
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack power cable