LZX Industries Visual Cortex
Your key to a new creative dimension! Consolidating several previous LZX Industries modules, Visual Cortex is an integrated core module with all the essential functions required for modular video synthesis in the EuroRack format. Visual Cortex is capable of a wide variety of processes, including external video processing, 2D shape/animation generation, complex colour mixing, automated transition control, luma and chroma keying, and much more.
Primary Functions: master sync generator, video input and output, video mixing and compositing, automation, waveform and shape generation
• Input Decoder prepares external video sources for processing inside your modular video synthesis system. The video input is YPbPr (Component) for full color video processing. The Y input may be used with NTSC/PAL sources if only monochromatic processing is desired.
• Output Encoder transforms any type of voltage - video, audio, CV, logic - into video signals suitable for display or recording. Outputs include NTSC/PAL, S-Video and YPbPr (Component) video signals.
• Sync Generator produces master synchronizing pulses for your entire modular video synthesis system. It can lock to external sources for synchronized processing. NTSC/480i and PAL/576i timing formats are supported.
• Animation & Key Generator is a multi-function low frequency control voltage generator designed specifically for video transitions, with an internal keyer as well. It is capable of triggered, manual and automated transitions.
• Colourizer & Compositor is a multi-function analogue RGB processor designed to combine two sets of RGB signals into a single composite output. Blending modes include crossfading, addition/subtraction, and multiplication. Special features include color inversion, solarization, and a triple band linear colourizer.
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable