Moog Claravox Centennial
Claravox Centennial, designed in celebration of the 100 year anniversary of the first demonstration of the theremin by Leon Theremin (available for a limited time) is an elite performance theremin that integrates decades of expertise from Moog, the world’s leading theremin makers, to produce a once-in-a-lifetime instrument.
Named after the original theremin virtuosa, Clara Rockmore, Claravox Centennial features the highest quality control and sound available in a theremin for deep artistic exploration. Offering both traditional 100% analog theremin operation and expanded modern performance, as well as an onboard analog delay, preset storage, and more, Claravox Centennial is an extraordinary instrument for creative expression.
The most versatile Moog Theremin in history.
Designed to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the theremin, Claravox Centennial celebrates the theremin’s past, present, and future. Switchable Traditional and Modern performance modes select between classic heterodyne oscillators (for a genuine analog theremin experience) and versatile multimode DSP Oscillators (sine, triangle, saw, wavetable) with assignable scales, quantization, octave ranges, and response curves. An analog wave-shaping circuit (derived from the legendary Etherwave Pro) imbues ethereal sonic character and empowers rich sound sculpting possibilities, and the on-board analog BBD delay creates a wash of spiraling echoes and resounding warmth. DIN MIDI, USB, and CV inputs and outputs allow Claravox Centennial to be used in tight integration with DAWs, or as a creative controller for the dynamic and responsive command of external sound sources. Front-panel preset storage provides instant recall of your favorite sounds and settings, while the free Claravox Centennial software stores your entire preset library and indulges control of a host of under-the-hood features, unlocking an expanse of sonic capabilities.
The best feeling instrument that you’ll play without touching.
An instrument designed with exceptional playability to satisfy the the most skillful thereminist, Claravox Centennial invites access to multiple levels of calibration and control settings to create a “custom fit” between this unique instrument and each unique player. Front-panel Pitch and Volume knobs give quick and immediate control for dialing in to new playing environments, side-entry calibration ports create easy access for fine tune adjustments, and dedicated Response knobs allow for the creation of recallable custom antenna curves in Modern mode.
Featuring brass antennas, cloth bound control panels, and a beautiful fine-grain walnut hardwood cabinet, Claravox Centennial utilizes top quality materials to pay homage to the hand-crafted history of the theremin. Combine with the optional Claravox Centennial Theremin Stand for the ultimate statement piece.
• Pitch Range: 5 octaves (Traditional Mode), 4-7 octaves (Modern Mode)
• Sound Sources: Analog Heterodyning Oscillator (Traditional Mode), Dual DCO/Wavetable Generator (Modern Mode) fed through Analog Waveshaping Circuit
• Controls: Theremin Controllers: Pitch and Volume, Waveshaper: Brightness, Wave, Filter, Switches for Mode and Mute, Analog Delay: Delay Amount, Delay Feedback, and Delay Time, Timbre: Timbre Select, Timbre Store. MODERN Mode only: Octave Range, Quantize Amount, Root/Scale Select, Pitch and Volume Response Curve
• Effects: Analog BBD Delay
• Preset storage: Yes
• Audio Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (Main Out) , 1 x 1/4" (Headphones), 1 x 1/4" (Tuner Out)
• CV I/O: 2 x ¼” CV outputs, 2 x ¼” CV Inputs
• MIDI: In, Out, USB
• Materials: Brass Antenna, Walnut Wood Cabinet, Cloth-bound control paneling
• Power Source: DC power supply
• Mounting Options: Optional Moog Theremin Stand or Standard low-profile Mic Stand