Moog Minimoog Model D
,Each newly built Minimoog Model D is lovingly handcrafted by the employee-owners at the Moog Factory in Asheville, NC. This 3-oscillator, monophonic, analog synthesizer is securely housed in a locally-sourced Appalachian hard-wood enclosure and hand-finished aluminum chassis. The circuit boards retain the exact component placement and through-hole design of a beloved 1970's era Minimoog Model D.
Though no changes have been made to the original sound engine or audio signal path, the Minimoog Model D now includes a series of popular functional modifications that expand this legendary instrument's sonic capabilities. These modifications include a premium Fatar keybed with velocity and after pressure available via top panel CV jacks, a dedicated analog LFO with triangle and square waveshapes, CV outputs for pitch, gate, velocity and after pressure, basic MIDI integration, and a mixer overload modification, which when engaged, allows the Minimoog Model D to conjure thicker and far more overdriven sounds than before.
,NOTE: Due to the complexity of the build process coupled with the demand for other Moog instruments, Moog is only able to produce a small number of Minimoog Model D units per month.
• 3 vintage Moog oscillators
• Classic Moog low pass ladder filter with resonance
• Analog circuit boards recreated using original designs and component placement
• Custom reissued transistors critical to sound quality and character
• Military spec precision resistors
• Precision Linear System matched JFETs in oscillators
• Classic thermoset, gnarled pitch and mod wheels
• CV Modifications: outputs added for Pitch, Aftertouch, Velocity and Gate (Aftertouch and Velocity have dedicated output level attenuators)
• Modulation Modifications: analog Triangle/Square wave LFO and Filter Envelope added as modulation sources, as well as an External Modulation CV input
• Overload Modification: the output of the Minimoog Model D is automatically scaled and fed back to the External Audio Input for instantly available overdrive
• Improved circuit board connectors for touring reliability
• Fatar TP-9 keybed with velocity and aftertouch
• MIDI in, out and thru
• Weight: 32lbs w/ PSU
• Shipping Weight: 43lbs
• Dims: 28.56”W x 17.13”D x 6”H