Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter, Black
Analog Inspired Parametrized Digital Drum Synthesizer
Basimilus Iteritas Alter is a parameterized digital drum synthesizer with its roots in the analog world. At its heart, it is a simple six-oscillator additive synthesizer with adjustable waveform, harmonic spread and decay. Adjustable attack including a noise oscillator is also included. These are summed and fed into an infinifolder for crunch and variety.
Basimilus Iteritas Alter is an improved version of Basimilus Iteritas. It is 2HP smaller, includes CV of switches, adds an third mode, and pitch range and knobs know offset rather than attenuate.
• The pitch knob and CV input adjusts the pitch of the fundamental oscillator. This is a 1v/8va standard input. The knob sums with the CV input
• The attack knob and CV input adjust the attack for all oscillators. When left of center, noise is added. When dead center, a classic analog-style pop is produced. When right of center, the knob slows the attack. The knob offsets the CV input.
• The morph knob and CV control the waveform of all oscillators. This blends through sine, triangle, saw, and square continuously. The knob offsets the CV input.
• The fold knob and CV control the infinifold section. For the first 3/4 of the range this sets the threshold of the folder. This folder will dynamically add multiple fold stages to maximize the amount of folding based on the fold threshold and signal amplitude. When the control is in the top quarter of its range, a pulse train based on the signal is mixed in to give even more harmonic content. The knob offsets the CV input.
• The harmonic knob and CV control the harmonic decay of the oscillators. When fully left, only one oscillator is audible. This simulates many simple analog bass drums. As the parameter is increased more harmonics blend in lasting longer periods of time. The knob offsets the CV input. Fully left the tone produced is a single harmonic tone. From there to the first quarter a second tone fades in. The remaining turning extends first the decays then the amplitudes of the other four harmonics.
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable
|+12V:||150mA/80mA (if +5V on)|
|+5V:||0mA/90mA (if +5V on)|