Noise Engineering Sinc Iter
Sinc Iter is a four-HP voltage-controlled oscillator with a 23-octave range. It has three waveform modes: noise, plain, and super, each of which allow continual morphing between waveforms. Front-panel unipolar and bipolar outputs allow for easy use as a control source. Phase modulation and Sync modulation are both supported to provide maximal tonal variety. The Sinc Iter also has a built-in quantizer.
• PITCH is an encoder used to select the base pitch of the oscillator. Tapping the pitch knob toggles between coarse (red LED) and fine (green LED) mode. Pressing and holding PITCH for two seconds will toggle the pitch-based amplitude compensation. All settings are stored in flash and will persist through power cycling. The base pitch can be varied across 23 octaves of range (“lower than you care about to higher than you care about”)
• MODE selects the algorithm used to produce the waveforms. Plain is a variable sample rate direct waveform synthesis. Mathematically it is equivalent to a wavetable, but the table is computed on the fly. Super mode is 6 oscillators with LFO phase modulation. Noise is a fixed sample rate Perlin noise oscillator.
• MORPH/FOLD controls the timbre of the waveform. In Plain and Super modes, it morphs through the basic waveforms (sine, square, saw, triangle, sine) then starts wavefolding the sine waveform. In noise mode, it broadens the spectrum and then begins wavefolding.
• MO-FO is the CV input for MORPH/FOLD. It sums with the position of the knob.
• QUANTA controls the built in quantizer on the 1v/8va input. 00 is disabled, 24 is quarter tone (24-tet) and 12 is semitone (12-tet).
• SYNC is a hard sync input for LFO sync and sync modulation. This is a rising-edge triggered input.
• 1V/8VA is a standard one volt per octave pitch input. It has eight octaves of range.
• Phase is a DC-coupled bipolar phase-modulation input.
• Uni is a DC-coupled unipolar output 0v to 5v,Bi is a DC-coupled bipolar output -5v to 5v.
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable
|+12v:||150mA / 80mA on 5V|
|+5v:||0mA / 90mA optional|