Novation AFX Station
Limited Edition of the modern classic Bass Station II monosynth, designed in collaboration with Aphex Twin.
Novation AFX Station is the perfect combination of digital control with incredible analogue synthesis inside an already phenomenal, classic modern monosynth: Bass Station II. AFX Station packs all the same features and Bass Station II, including two oscillators, a multimode filter, amp and filter modulation, step sequencing and an arpeggiator. It also comes pre-installed with firmware v4.14, which adds new functionality including fixed-duration envelopes, extended sub oscillator controls, oscillator glide diverge, and the much-acclaimed AFX Mode.
AFX Mode was conceived by Aphex Twin himself, to turn Bass Station II into a sound designer’s dream. When in AFX Mode, every key becomes a new patch, revolutionising the way Bass Station II can be played. With a completely different sound on every key, the instrument transforms into a hugely powerful analogue drum module, a sound design beast, or a killer bass or lead machine. Whether playing, sequencing or using the arpeggiator, AFX Mode brings a huge sense of creative character to users’ musical creations. Labels for AFX Mode functions indicate how to unleash the potential of the new features.
New, Aphex Twin-approved look
The stark new design with striking purple reveals and the famous ‘A’ insignia makes AFX Station not just an amazing synth, but an instant collector’s item. Labels provide easy access to AFX Mode functions, making it easy to activate the new features. The limited-edition giftbox was designed by long-time Aphex Twin collaborator Weirdcore and features custom artwork on the inside and outside with a matte finish and high-quality gloss highlights.
Brand new artist patches
AFX Station ships with 128 new synth patches and seven new overlay banks from Noyze Lab, Perplex On, Richard Devine, r beny and Lightbath, which channel the creative vision of Aphex
• Fixed-duration Envelopes & Retrigger counts Envelopes can be set to a fixed length, so the decay stage is taken out of play, and the decay slider instead sets the duration of the sustain stage. The number of times the envelopes retrigger can be adjusted, to bring more control for drum synthesis.
• Extended Sub Oscillator controls The sub-oscillator follows the pitch of oscillator 1, and can be detuned using the coarse and fine controls, so the sub can be tuned to any non-octave-tracking interval you like, for subtle or dramatic creative effect.
• Oscillator Glide Diverge Oscillator Glide Diverge allows the glide time of oscillator 2 to be slowed down relative to oscillator 1 by a variable amount, causing the two to diverge for interesting portamento effects, for adding thickness and character to basslines, pads and leads.
• Microtuning editing The frequency triggered by each key press can be completely controlled, giving scales another dimension.
• Paraphonic mode The pitches of each of the two oscillators can be controlled separately in its single-voice architecture. Two notes can be played at a time rather than just one, and users can get interesting interactions through the Ring and Filter Mod.
*3-Year Warranty Included with Novation
• Access to the Sound Collective
• Ableton Live Lite
• 4GB Loopmasters
• Free Melodics lessons
In the Box
• AFX Station
• DC power supply unit (PSU)
• USB cable
• Getting Started Guide Novation AFX Station