Steady State Fate Stereo Dipole
Quad Multi-Mode Voltage Controlled Filter
The Stereo Dipole is a Quad Multi-Mode VCF featuring single, dual and quad peak filter outputs.
esigned to be clean or characterful, the Stereo Dipole is not intended on achieving any one type of sound. From clean frequency based panning to complex phasing and formant synthesis and over-driven squelchy bass lines, Stereo Dipole offers an environment which is simple enough to use, while providing the versatility to push your sounds into unknown territory…
Comprised of two identical filter sections that can be used independently via the dedicated Resonance (RES), Primary Cutoff (FREQ) and Secondary Cutoff (SPREAD) controls as well as in tandem via the STEREO FREQ and STEREO RES controls in the center of the module.
• Both the Left and Right Channels feature Single Peak POLE and Dual Peak DIPOLE outputs.
• High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass outputs are individually selected via the switches, situated above POLE and DIPOLE.
• The Dual Peak DIPOLE output can be routed either in Series or Parallel with the main POLE VCF while maintaining all possible configurations of the Selected Filter Types.
• Series and Parallel combinations will provide capabilities such as 24dB/OCT HP/BP/LP, Variable Width Band Pass and Notch as well as other obscure filter combinations.
• FREQ controls the Cutoff of both the Primary and Secondary VCF while SPREAD is used to Match (center position) or Offset the Secondary Cutoff Frequency by +/-5 octaves..
• DIPOLE AB is a Quad Peak Monophonic Output, sharing the same Routing and Topology combinations of the four VCF cores.
• The A input (LEFT) provides Normalization into the B input (RIGHT), allowing for a stereo image to be created from any monophonic signal source. All four A/B outputs can be utilized in stereo for more complex stereo filtering applications.
• Pre-Filter Input DRIVE Control on each channel will push the input signal into heavy soft-clipping and saturation; adding Harmonic Content and increased low end for the VCFs to bite into. A Sine Wave can be over-driven enough to be useful with pleasing results.
• RESONANCE may be nuanced or pushed all the way into Self-Oscillation across the entire bandwidth of 20+ Octaves.
• All VCF cores Track 1V/OCT and Temperature Compensated.
• The Stereo Dipole can fully function as a Single, Dual and Quad Sine Wave VCO/LFO.
• The Series Routing configuration allows for additional tonal oscillation capabilities via the DIPOLE and DIPOLE AB outputs.
• In addition to the A, B and Stereo 1V/OCT Inputs, the SPREAD CV Inputs may also be used as direct and accurate 1V/OCT control of the Secondary Peak on each channel.
• Individual and Stereo Control Voltage inputs including Attenuators for STEREO RES, RES A/B and STEREO FREQ as well as Polarizing Attenuators for each Channel’s FM CV input.
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable