Tiptop Audio QuantiZer
QuantiZer is a creative melody composing module that uses cutting edge analog electronics and DSP to tune analog VCOs precisely into Western musical scales. At its center is a slider that can be set to play notes, add Portamento to an incoming sequence, transpose a sequence with in an octave range or transpose a sequence with in 5 octave range.
The 12 note keyboard can be set to play notes manually, add and subtract notes from scales, transpose a sequence as well as setup a variety of settings that define the quantizer behavior and sync with other modules. Major and Minor keys are both built in to let you switch scales in a very playable way, making it pretty easy to explore musical progression. There are also 24 user scales ready to be filled up with your own custom scales.
• A built in sketch pad records and plays back keys entered manually on the keyboard and slider in sync with external clock and reset signal, or Tiptop's SyncBus which chains the QuantiZer recording function to the Circadian Rhythms time line for precise recording and playback.
• Scale CV in can be set to switch between changing scales or transposing pitches using CV from sequencers.
• Quantization can be set for free run or Trigger mode for even more interesting ways to interact with external sequencers.
• Quantizer sets a new performance standard for Eurorack that offers incredibly stable CV quantization minimizing glitches on input, utilizes high precision temperature compensated 1V/Oct CV generation on output and features stunning conversion latency of less than half a millisecond.
• QuantiZer can be set to process a wide variety of CV voltage input ranges, +/-5V CV from LFOs, bi-polar envelopes and such, or 0-10V / 0-5V standard CV from sequencers.
• Continuing the tradition of advanced Tiptop digital modules, the QuantiZer Firmware running the digital brain is upgradeable via a USB thumb drive interface at its back allowing for continuous improvement and fine tuning of function and stability over time.
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable