Waldorf nw1, USED
This item is used, has been fully tested and is guaranteed to be working.Wavetable Module for Eurorack
The nw1 from Waldorf is their debut product for the popular Eurorack format and includes an advanced wavetable engine with independent control of spectral envelope and noisiness
Wavetable scanning is cyclic with optional modulation of travel speed, position, spectrum, and more besides. By providing the Waldorf wavetable set from the classic Microwave and Wave synthesizers, nw1 will enrich your Eurorack modular system as a potently powerful sound source. The nw1 sound engine also allows for onboard creation of user wavetables via time domain multiple foldover analysis. All you need to do is connect any sound source to the nw1 to transfer audio into a wavetable. Or use the integrated speech synthesizer to translate typed text into wavetables.
Wavetable synthesis is an extremely powerful sound source suited to producing all kinds of vivid metallic hues and digital clangorous tones. It can create organic, bell-like timbres, as well as spectacular-sounding scans through various waveforms with truly ear-opening results. It was almost impossible to create these kinds of sharp-edged, digital sounds back before the invention of wavetable synthesis in the late-Seventies.
Starting with the wavetable synthesizers of those days, a whole new sound palette left its imprint on so many hit records. Today, with Waldorf‘s neatly-sized nw1 Wavetable Module, this sound is readily available for the popular Eurorack standard - sounding just as pure, sharp, and massively destructive as it did back in the golden days of digital!
• 21st century advanced wavetable engine
• Cyclic wavetable scanning with modulatable position and travel speed
• Control of spectral envelope independent of pitch
• Adjustable periodicity up to noisy reproduction
• Classic Waldorf wavetables included
• Integrated speech synthesizer for wavetables
• User-recordable wavetables
• Gate input for triggering wavetable travel and recording
• Main 1V/Oct CV input with trim for pitch control
• 3 additional CV inputs for modulation and realtime wavetable recording
• Audio output
• USB port with galvanic isolation for wavetable transfer and text input
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable