Waldorf STVC, PRE-ORDER
String synthesizer with a Vocoder
The string section starts with an oscillator bank using octave dividers, followed by a complex mixer, an equalizer and the ensemble effect, just like string machines from the 70's. A single registration knob sweeps through mixer and EQ settings for Violin, Viola, Cello, Brass, Organ, Choir and more for creating rich and creamy sonic textures.
The Solo section is a 16-voice synthesizer that complements the string sounds. A single Tone knob sweeps through many useful settings. Solo is the sidekick to the strings, but it is powerful enough to be the lead character every now and then.
The Vocoder replaces the equalizer in the string section with the filter bank that models the vocal tract from the speech input. This can produce quite intelligible speech or singing using the fully polyphonic oscillator bank. Formants can be modified, which can result in a perceived change of gender. Adjustable jitter of the string oscillators renders the voice hoarse, creaky or a complete whisper. Solo can pass through the Vocoder or play in parallel.
The Freeze button lets you freeze a short speech fragment, which is then repeated by the Vocoder whenever a key is pressed. Change of playback speed, like faster, backwards or a complete stop are possible and fun, as well as formant change.
A novel Tweak function allows for modification or modulation of details, like e.g. the solo cutoff frequency or the Chorus LFO rate. It is similar to a modulation matrix, but it also allows to alter implicit settings with a fixed value or an offset.
Three Effects operate simultaneously - Animate is in fact a modulation of the string or vocoder registration, while a Phaser ist a must for any decent string machine. A high quality Reverb with adjustable size can be mixed to the output. STVC comes with a high quality gooseneck microphone that plugs right into the front panel where it belongs.
• Full metal case
• Keyboard with 49 keys, aftertouch and velocity
• Keyboard transpose +/- 24 semitones via dedicated switch
• Pitch bend and Modulation Wheel
• 10 potentiometers, 1 encoder, 9 backlit buttons, 5 switches
• 44 cm gooseneck microphone with indicator LED
• MIDI in/out
• XLR Microphone jack on front panel
• Fully polyphonic String section
• Continuous morphing of String Registration
• 16 Voice polyphonic Solo section
• 126 programmable patches in three banks
• Vocoder with 256 Filter bands
• Ensemble/Chorus Effect for Strings and Vocoder
• Phaser Effect for Strings and Vocoder
• Reverb Effect