Semi-Modular Polyrhythmic Analog Synthesizer
Subharmonicon is a semi-modular polyrhythmic analog synthesizer that employs a 6-tone sound engine and multi-layered clock generator to explore the world of subharmonics, polyrhythms, and the unique relationships they create.
Subharmonicon’s characteristic sound starts with two analog VCOs and four Subharmonic Oscillators for a total of six powerful sound sources. Each subharmonic tone is mathematically derived from one of the two main Download Product Descriptions VCOs, giving the resulting chord shapes a beautifully coherent quality. Onboard quantization lets you dial in perfect intervals every time with selections for multiple tuning systems. Choose from contemporary Equal Temperament settings, the heavenly intervals of Just Intonation, or the unlimited freedom of no quantization at all.
Animating Subharmonicon’s distinctive chord shapes is done through a polyrhythmic pair of 4-Step Sequencers. Each sequencer is clocked by any or all of four Rhythm Generators that output mathematical divisions of the master tempo. Layer multiple Rhythm Generators on top of each other to create complex polyrhythms and discover inspiring new patterns and styles. Delve into Subharmonicon’s dual Envelope Generators, Moog Ladder Filter, and analog VCA to call up dynamic articulations ranging from lush pads and blurred edges to percussive plosives and ritualistic rhythms.
Although no patching is required to start creating, exploring Subharmonicon’s modular patchbay unlocks worlds of possibilities as you make novel connections and plug into new ideas. The 32-point 3.5mm patchbay can be patched into itself, expanding Subharmonicon’s onboard capabilities, or interfaced with Mother-32, DFAM, and other external Eurorack-compatible gear (MIDI Type A adapter included for DIN to 3.5mm MIDI input). Use as a standalone synth with included +12V DC power supply or simply remove the front panel to install into any Eurorack system.
The Moog Subharmonicon is a versatile analog labyrinth of subharmonically derived synthesis and polyrhythmic sound, equally suited for losing oneself and simultaneously finding oneself.
ANALOG SOUND ENGINE
• SOURCES: VCO 1, SUB 1, SUB 2 / VCO 2, SUB 1, SUB 2
• FILTER: Self-Oscillating Ladder Filter, Low-Pass, 4-Pole (-24 dB/• Octave)
• ENVELOPES: VCA EG (Attack, Decay); VCF EG (Attack, Decay)
ANALOG SEQUENCERS (x2)
• STEPS: 4 Steps per Sequencer, selectable Quantization
• CLOCK: Driven by any and all of the Rhythm Generators
RHYTHM GENERATORS (x4)
• RHYTHM: Derived by dividing the Tempo by an integer value (1-16)
• CLOCK: 20 BPM to 3,000 BPM (Beats per Minute; 1 Pulse per Quarter-note), MIDI Clock, EXT CLOCK
• JACKS: 32 x 3.5mm
• INPUTS: 17 Input Jacks
• OUTPUTS: 15 Output Jacks
• MIDI: 3.5mm MIDI Input (Type A dongle included)
• AUDIO: 1⁄4” TRS Headphone or 1⁄4” TS Instrument
• POWER: Power supply connection
• SECURITY: Kensington lock slot