Sequential Pro 3
Multi-Filter Mono Synth
The Sequential Pro 1 and Pro 2 mono synths achieved nearly legendary status in their time. So it was only natural that we build on their strengths with an even more worthy successor. Enter the Pro 3, Sequential’s 2-VCO + wavetable mono/paraphonic synth — a new benchmark for raw sonic power and unrivalled versatility. The Pro 3 boasts three oscillators, three vintage filters, three LFOs, four loop-able envelopes, a massive 32-slot mod matrix, and a 16 x 16 x 4 sequencer. Throw in dual digital effects and four control voltage ins and outs, and you’ve got a hugely powerful instrument that’s as exciting to program as it is to play. The Pro 3 is a hybrid of solid, old-school analog synthesis paired with versatile digital technology. Its two voltage controlled oscillators provide warmth and presence while its third wavetable oscillator provides digital edge and grit. With 32 tables of 16 waves each and wave morphing, tonal possibilities are immense. Tuned feedback with grunge, and analog distortion deliver industrial-grade nastiness on demand.
At the heart of the Pro 3’s sound are its vintage-style filters. Filter 1 is a 4-pole low-pass design based on the Prophet-6 filter. Filter 2 is a classic transistor ladder filter with optional resonance compensation to preserve its low-end punch. Filter 3 is a classic 2-pole, state-variable design based on the OB-6 filter that can be continuously varied between low-pass, notch, and high-pass operation, with an optional band-pass mode. An additional Drive control provides still more punch when you really want to get down and dirty. Possibly the Pro 3’s most powerful performance tool is its sequencer. With 16 tracks, 16 steps, and 4 phrases, it features both real-time and step input, ratcheting, variable gate and sequence lengths, multiple playback modes, and paraphonic operation. It also syncs to MIDI clock and external audio input, and inputs/outputs control voltages. In addition to notes, sequence tracks can control any parameter in the 171-destination modulation matrix.
The Pro 3’s flexible architecture opens the door to not only processing external audio, but also to interfacing with modular synths through its 4 rear-panel control voltage inputs/outputs and a dedicated gate output. Control voltages can be assigned and routed from within the modulation matrix and can run at audio rates for extreme modulation effects. The Pro 3’s Effects section provides delays, reverbs, time-domain effects such as chorus/phasing/flanging and more. There are four loopable five-stage envelope generators, three syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset, a full-featured arpeggiator, and a 32-slot modulation matrix with dozens of modulation sources and over a hundred destinations.
• 3 x Oscillators: 2 analog, 1 DSP digital wavetable oscillator.
• 3-voice paraphonic mode with individually-gated envelopes per oscillator
• 3 x Filter types: 4-pole, 24dB per octave Prophet-6 LPF. 4-pole, 24dB per octave transistor ladder filter. 2-pole, 12 db per-octave, OB-6 state-variable filter.
• 3 x syncable LFOS.
• 4 x Envelopes: Four ADSR envelopes with delay (Filter, VCA, and two Auxiliary envelopes)
• Dual Digital Effects
• 32-slot modulation matrix
• 4 x CV INS & OUTS. 1 Gate OUT
• 16-Track Sequencer. Arpeggiator
• 512 user and 512 factory programs. Playlist mode for generating easily accessible set lists of your favorite programs
• Full-sized, three-octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
• Position-sensitive latchable touch slider for enhanced interactivity and control
In the Box
• The Synth itself
• Universal IEC Power Cable
• Dimensions: 26.5″ L x 13″ W x 3.5″ H
• Wieght: 16 lbs