Arturia KeyStep Pro
37 Key Midi Controller & Sequencer
The sequencer the world has been waiting for. KeyStep Pro gives keyboard players incredible sequencing and performance power in a compact, versatile controller. Take full control of your modular rigs, outboard synths, and software studio all at the same time. Your ever-growing collection of boutique modular gear, vintage synths, and software instruments can finally perform in unison, thanks to the jaw-dropping connectivity KeyStep Pro has to offer. 4 CV, Gate and Mod outputs, 8 dedicated drum Gate outputs, Clocks, MIDI in, 2 MIDI outs, a solo metronome output, sustain input to let you get expressive with your performance, and USB for easy power and DAW/softsynth control. If you prefer to create music “in the box”, KeyStep Pro can also help your creativity come alive. Easily sequence and arpeggiate your virtual instruments, sync it with your software studio, and switch to the dedicated Control mode to control parameters in your favorite synths and effects.
Each of the 4 independent tracks can be used either for creating custom sequences or performing arpeggios. We’ve kept things straightforward: to select a track, just hit the dedicated button for whichever one you want. Track 1 can either be a standard melodic sequencer, or a powerful drum sequencer, depending on your preference and setup. KeyStep Pro also features the same addictive touch-sensitive looper/roller strip as the BeatStep Pro and DrumBrute. Too popular to leave out, this little strip lets you throw in fills and breaks whenever you want, adding an unpredictable edge and live energy to your performances. The rigid metal baseplate adds that “reliably heavy” feel without making it feel like a burden to carry; the knobs are rubberized and wobble-free, so they don’t slip at a crucial point in your performance; the 37-note slim keyboard has the same satisfying action as the original KeyStep, but with extended range; the OLED displays are crisp, clear, and vibrant, so you can read them under stage lights with no problem.
• 37 note slim keys, velocity and aftertouch sensitive
• Four track step sequencer: 16 step buttons, up to 64 steps per sequence. Up to 16 notes of polyphony per step
• Melodic sequencer: Real-Time recording, step recording, step editing. Pitch, velocity, gate length, time shift and probability for each note. Scale quantization with user scales. Polyphonic CV outputs
• Polyrhythmic 24 part drum sequencer
• Performance-oriented sequencer: Forward and two random playing modes. Pattern randomization. Quantized or unquantized recording. Looper
• 7 x Arpeggiator modes, 5 octave range, chord mode, controller mode (use the 5 encoders to send CCs. automate CCs
• 4x (CV, Gate, Mod) outputs + 8 drum gate outputs
• 1 MIDI in, 2 MIDI out, USB, Clock synchronization
• Metronome with included speaker and line output
• Sustain pedal input
• Dimensions: 23.2 x 8.2 x 1.5 inches
• Weight: 5.9 lbs.
In the Box
• KeyStep Pro unit
• Registration card, Quick Start
• USB Cable, Power Supply