Novation Summit, PRE-ORDER
16-Voice 61-key Polyphonic Synthesizer
Novation's flagship two-part 16-voice 61-key polyphonic synthesizer. Summit’s digital New Oxford Oscillators offer subtractive, FM and wavetable synthesis, and feed into genuine analogue dual filters, distortion and VCAs. The multitimbral engine enables merging and combining of two complete and independent patches, while up to 16 simultaneous voices deliver enough harmonic depth for even the richest of pads. Summit doubles the power of Peak’s digital New Oxford Oscillators up to 16 voices and two parts, and adds a wealth of new features and a premium-quality five-octave keyboard. A synth much greater than the sum of its parts, it gives the serious producer or performer everything they need to design and play stunning basses, leads, arp's, pads, effects and beyond.
Summit takes Peak’s architecture and workflow to new heights, with a swathe of extra front panel controls for hands-on wrangling of FM, effects, LFOs and more; dual filters with six LP/HP/BP combinations; audio input for processing external sources with the onboard effects; and auxiliary audio outputs. The true stereo analogue signal path comprises dual analogue multimode filters, analogue VCAs and three stages of analogue distortion – pre- and post-filter, and post-VCA. With roots in the legendary OSCar, via Bass Station II, Summit’s analogue credentials are truly impressive.
• 16 note polyphony (dependent on voices used per note). 2-part-timbral
• Layered, Split, Dual Bi-Timbral Modes
• 5 Voice Modes - Mono, MonoLG, Mono2, Poly, Poly2
• Per Voice: 3 oscillators, 1 noise w/HP filter control, 1 ring modulator, 2 loos, 1 amp EG & 2 Mod EG's (ADHSR + looping)
• Sine, try, saw, square/pulse, plus 43 wavetables of 5 waveforms per row
• 1 State Variable OTA Filter per voice, 12/24dB slope
• Low-pass / band-pass / high-pass / dual filter (separation of each 12dB filters)
• Pre-filter overdrive, Post-filter distortion
• 16 modulation slots per patch, 2 sources per destination per slot
• Five-octave, semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive keyboard with aftertouch
• The 16-voice, multitimbral engine combines two simultaneous patches. Split or stack them for keyboard-divided or layered sounds, or switch the entire synth between two separate and independently controlled setups, perhaps using one as an effects processor for an external input source.
• Hook up external instruments for processing with Summit’s onboard effects, while using it as a synth at the same time.
• Onboard reverb, chorus and delay effects are hosted on the FPGA. They’re also controlled directly from the front panel, and available as modulation targets in the dedicated FX Mod Matrix.
• Packed with modulation sources for deep sound design – LFOs, envelopes, Animate buttons and more.
• Ableton Live Lite Included
• Summit is a USB-MIDI class compliant device
• 2 x 1/4" (expression 1/2)
• 1 x 1/8" (CV modulation in)
• MIDI In/Out/Thru/USB
• Dimensions: 39.31" x 11.95" x 3.62"
• Weight: 23.4 lbs
*3-Year Warranty Included with Novation