Digital Classic. Modern Flair. JD-800 Expanded
With its retro workflow, evocative sounds, and powerful effects, the JD-800 was a favorite for top electronic music producers through the ’90s and beyond. Combining the original JD-800 waveforms with advanced modeling techniques, the JD-08 delivers the exquisite hands-on sound design of the original, along with hugely expanded polyphony, a two-part polyphonic sequencer, and other modern updates. The JD-08 includes 64 presets from the original hardware and perfectly recreates the four-tone structure, 108 waveforms, and unique two-part multi-effects that are at the core of the JD-800’s intricate, evolving sound.
While the original design of the JD-800 is retained in this modern version, there are a range of updates that take the experience to another level. New patches plus 256 memory locations let you dive deep into the huge array of controls to create new sounds for your music. And with expanded polyphony and two-part multitimbral capability, there’s even more room to stretch out your sonic ideas.
The JD-08 features a built-in USB-C audio/MIDI interface, so you can play, record, and synchronize with all types of computer production software. Full-size MIDI I/O is also available for interfacing with other MIDI hardware. There’s even an external clock input for driving the JD-08’s onboard sequencer and arpeggiator from vintage analog instruments and modern Eurorack systems. The compact JD-08 fits just about anywhere and is easily controlled from a master keyboard or computer DAW. It can run on standard AA batteries for hours of uninhibited jamming, and there’s also a built-in speaker for on-the-go sound monitoring. Add a DK-01 Boutique Dock for a polished look and three convenient tilt positions, or grab a K-25m Keyboard Unit to create a fully self-contained, portable instrument.
- Authentic sound and behavior of the original JD-800 realized with advanced sound modeling
- 108 original waveforms for extensive patch design possibilities
- Includes the original 64 presets plus 21 new presets
- Two-part, 64-step, eight-note (per part) polyphonic sequencer with motion recording, random pattern generator, and memory for 128 patterns
- Onboard arpeggiator
- Two-part multitimbral with expanded polyphony, up to 128 voices (depending on patch load)
- Four-part structure for tone layering
- Detailed recreation of the JD-800’s unique two-stage multi-effects section
- Editable distortion, phaser, spectrum, enhancer, delay, chorus, and reverb
- Multi-phase time variant envelopes for complex, evolving sounds
- Palette sliders for quick parameter adjustment
- USB-C audio/MIDI interface, full-size MIDI I/O, and external clock input
- Portable design for mobile music making
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Powered via batteries (4 x AA) or USB-C
- Control information can be sent and received via MIDI and USB-C
- Built-in powered mini speaker for instant enjoyment
- Compatible with optional DK-01 Boutique Dock or K-25m Keyboard Unit