Rossum Electro-Music Assimil8or
Multi-Timbral Phase Modulation Sampler
Designed to provide a powerful, flexible sampling engine for modular synthesis, the ASSIMIL8OR Multi-Timbral Phase Modulation Sampler module is the latest incarnation of Dave Rossum's decades-long pioneering of affordable professional sampling technology.
The ASSIMIL8OR is a CV / Gate-controllable sampler with eight independent channels. Each channel is not only its own voice, but also has a separate audio output and a gate / trigger and three CV inputs. Given ever get two sample inputs and main outputs. Thus, Stereo Sampling and playback is possible. Mixed operation of stereo or mono is possible and is limited only by the maximum number of eight channels or parts.
The ASSIMIL8OR works with high-quality 24-bit AD and DA converters. Internally, however, sample and bit rate for lo-fi sound can be lowered, the latter is even CV-controllable. The samples can also be otherwise manipulated in many ways. Thus, the phase of a sample via CV or a different sample can be modulated. Likewise, the loop points can be controlled and the sample can be traversed with CV control (scrubbing), whereby wavetable similar effects could be achieved.
• Mono or stereo sampling. Channels can be configured as eight mono voices, four stereo voices, or any combination. (Well, any combination that adds up to eight).
• assign up to 8 samples to each channel and select between them in real time via CV.
• DC coupling through the signal path for sampling of control voltages.
• Unique timbral capabilities with the ability to phase modulate samples by external analog signals or by other samples (a first, we believe).
• Variable sample fidelity with independently selectable sample rate and bit depth.
• Real-time CV control of bit depth.
• Real-time CV control of aliasing (from virtually none to lots).
• Extensive sample manipulation and looping capabilities.
• Sample scrubbing under CV control.
• One-shot or gated sample playback with variable attack and release times.
• Gate/trigger inputs and CV inputs for each sample that can be assigned independently for each channel to virtually any sample parameter.
• A front panel accessible SD card for sample and preset storage.
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable