Soviet topology 4-pole morphing low-pass filter
The Red Dragon is a 24dB/oct 4-pole low-pass filter realized with a unique Soviet-era filter core. The curious filter structure of the Red Dragon favors character over precision; sure to impart colorful tone in your source material.
Rich 4-pole filtering with a control set made just for modular synthesizers
• Designed from the ground up for versatility in the modular system, the Red Dragon features bipolar attenuverters on its many CV inputs
• Voltage controlled resonance
• Resonance is capable of self-oscillation. A resonance clipping switch can tame the resonance feedback at extreme settings, resulting in different tone
• Built in VCA (with disable) after filter saves you the use of a dedicated VCA module
• Signal and CV levels optimised for the contemporary eurorack modular system (+/-5V CV, 10Vpp+ audio)
• Morph between 6dB and 24dB filter slopes, or set it in-between. While 24dB excels at meaty bass sounds, the brighter filter slope of 6dB is sometimes desirable for signals with higher frequency content
• Filter morphing is voltage controlled, and results in some interesting effects when modulated
• A dual color LED indicates filter morph position and VCA level
• Built-in filter core overdrive at the input stage allows you to vary your signal's level up to full saturation. No need to boost signal level before filtering for those classic overdriven sounds!
• Voltage control of input drive lets you modulate the saturation of the filter over time. Useful for the "velocity" modulation needed to produce acidic bass lines!
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable
You cart is currently empty