Complex Digital Oscillator
Complex digital oscillator with unison detune, programmable 3x4 modulation matrix mixer and external input. Intricate arrangements of phase distortion, thru-zero frequency modulation, and complex oscillation are instantly morphable and recallable through a voltage-controlled preset manager. Suitable for genre-targeted sequenced basslines, synthesis of stone, glass, and steel tones, and simulation of the acoustic properties of industrial machinery.
The Hertz Donut Mark III's main oscillator shapes its timbre by distorting the phase of a waveform lookup ramp, offering a linear growth of brass overtones from a simple sine wave whilst performing with exceptional clarity under heavy frequency modulation. The simulated resonance peak familiar to enthusiasts of phase distortion is also present and continuously controllable. The beloved “fractal” distortion from previous iterations of Hertz Donut is simultaneously available. The three waveform parameters operate in a modeless timbre space fully morphable under preset and shared manual/CV control, exhibiting stunning spectral evolutions that are intensified through the module's internal modulation bus. The fold knob is assignable to control one of the three parameters at a time, with the CV input also assignable to any of the three.
The preset manager stores 8 entire panel/menu states for instant recall under manual or voltage control. The control can also cause the creation of elegantly randomized preset data. The preset manager can be placed into a morphing mode where it assumes control of the various parameters, smoothly fading between entire panel states and generating very complicated sounds that are not easily described.
• Main oscillator with resonant, phase, and fractal distortions (CV and manual knob destinations selectable)
• 8 octave tuned CV response (1V/octave)
• 2x sinusoidal modulation operators with frequency interval lock or free operation
• External thru-zero FM input
• 4x3 modulation matrix mixer with master amount control
• 128x32 OLED display providing realtime note, frequency, and modulation information, as well as menu access to deep settings
• All parameters may be placed under control of morphing preset manager, with 8 onboard presets (nonvolatile)
• 96 kHz sampling rate
In the Box
• The module itself
• Eurorack Power Cable
You cart is currently empty