Korg Volca Drum
Digital Percussion Synthesizer
Welcome to an infinitely expanding world of sound-design.Joining volca kick and beats as the third, and most unique, drum synth in the volca lineup.
The volca series is all about unique sound. Whether it's analog, PCM, or FM, the volca series puts unique sounds into an accessible platform. And now, the series is joined by a new rhythm machine that brings yet another sonic character. It's the volca drum digital percussion synthesizer.
Based on a simple trigger waveform, wave folder and overdrive are used to add overtones and distortion, and then a waveguide resonator effect brings the sound to life. The six-part DSP synth engine was designed with a completely different philosophy than conventional drum machines, and generates a wide range of unexpectedly different sounds. And of course, you can play those sounds from the volca-style sequencer.
• Multi touch trigger pads / Step keys
• Digital percussion synth with a 6-part x 2-layer structure
• 6 parts (For each part, 2 oscillators, pitch modulator, and amp EG), waveguide resonator effect.
• 16 (Settings for 6 parts + Settings for waveguide resonator) Kit No.1 - No.10 are factory preset.
• 16 (Sequence pattern, Motion sequence, Kit No.) Program No.1 - No. 10 are factory preset.
• 16 (pattern chain is available)
• Headphones jack (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
• Sync In jack (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V) ,Sync Out jack (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
• MIDI IN
• 193 * 115 * 39 mm / 7.61 x 4.54 x 1.54 inches
• 370 g / 0.75 lbs (Excluding batteries)
• AA alkaline battery * 6
• KA-350 AC adapter (sold separately)
In the Box
• The synth itself
• AA alkaline battery * 6 (for verifying operation), Sync cable