Korg Volca NuBass, PRE-ORDER
Vacuum Tube Synthesizer
A powerful bass synth with a sound source based around a vacuum tube oscillator.
The acid bass machine with the pinnacle of modulation and distortion.
The volca nubass is the first analog synth to be equipped with a Nutube new-generation vacuum tube in its oscillator. Vacuum tube plus analog means that the sound is warm, thick, and rich. The familiar transistor ladder filter gives it the character of a classic bass machine, along with overdrive, and huge-sounding distortion.
The fusion of a newly developed vacuum tube oscillator with a classic ladder filter. The Nutube is equipped with two vacuum tubes; one is used in the oscillator to generate a sawtooth wave or square wave. The other vacuum tube is used in the drive circuit of the sub oscillator, adding depth and warmth one octave below the oscillator. This oscillator and sub oscillator provide a circuit structure that brings out the harmonic character that only a real vacuum tube could provide.
The low-pass filter defines the sound of this bass machine; it uses a transistor ladder design found on classic analog bass synths. This filter is uniquely dynamic in the way it affects a sound more than just ranging from bright-to-dark. Its wide range of timbral possibilities makes it ideal for a broad variety of dance music; you can use it to create the distinctive modulation that can be heard in acid house, or increase the resonance to bring out a sharp character that's appropriate for techno.
nubass is equipped with overdrive that uses an analog circuit reminiscent of a classic stompbox. Turning the knob toward the right compresses the volume while causing mild distortion, adding thickness to your bass sounds. The tone knob also lets you adjust the crispness of the high-frequency range. The sequencer of the volca nubass provides three functions that add the slap and slide performance techniques that are distinctive of acid bass: these transpose, accent, and slide functions are accessible and controllable through the step sequencer.
• Multi touch Keyboard / step key
• Analog synthesis / VTO (oscillator, sub-oscillator), VCF, VCA, EG, LFO, Overdrive
• 16 Step (pattern chain is available)
• Recording patterns 16 (No.1 – 10 are factory preset)
• Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
• Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V), Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
• MIDI In
• Approximately 8 hours battery life (using alkaline batteries)
• Dimensions: 193 × 115 × 46 mm / 7.61" x 4.54" x 1.82"
• Weight: 370 g / 0.82 lbs. (Excluding batteries)
• Power: AA alkaline battery ×6, AA nickel-metal hydride battery ×6, or AC adapter “KA-350” (SOLD Separately / optional)